Thursday, August 12, 2010

Potato Soup

Most of my recipes will be for one or two people.  All have been made by me and considered (by me) to be worth serving to someone I would not ask to help with the dishes.  This Potato Soup Recipe falls into that category.

1 large potato. I look thru the bag and take the largest potato I can find.  I prefer red skinned potatoes since they are the most versatile.  You could use any potato you prefer but since this is my blog.........
   NOTE: If you are cooking for more than one add a potato for each person.

1 cup of chopped celery per person.

1/4 cup chopped onion per person.

1/4 cup milk or half and half (per person)

Salt and Pepper to taste - also per person

Cut the potato into 1/2 inch cubes and put in a sauce pan along with the celery and onions.  Add enough water to ALMOST cover the veggies.
Apply heat, bring to a boil.  Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are very soft when poked with a fork.
Remove from the stove.  Stir in the milk (or half and half) and season to taste with salt and pepper.  You can mash up a few of the potatoes if you prefer your soup a little thicker but I like mine with just a pat of butter floated on the top and a great big slice of buttered homemade bread.


Please note that I have learned how to add photo's to this blog.  Emmy's picture is to the left

No comments:

Post a Comment